I was recently nominated for the Sunshine blogger award! I am so honored to be nominated for my first award by Mommy has a potty mouth. I started reading her blog first because of the name and then soon got hooked. 🙂
There are a few rules associate with “The Sunshine Award”:
Display the logo in a post or somewhere on your blog
Answer 10 questions about yourself
Nominate 10 -12 other amazing bloggers
Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, to let them know you nominated them for the award.
Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Here are my questions… I borrowed some from my nominator and then made up some of my own:
Q: Did you always want kids?
A: Yes, I couldn’t wait to be a mommy and have been told most of my life that I will be great at it. (I hope i’m living up to all the expectations)
Q: Pet peeves?
A: Oh man I have a few, People who chew with their mouth open would probably be at the top.
Q: Righty or Lefty?
Q: Most embarrassing moment of all time?
A: Just thinking about this makes me laugh hysterically. I was in science class and had drawn all over my plastic folder with green marker (yes you see where this is going). I then for whatever reason took my sweater and wiped the marker off and proceeded to lean on my sweater… yup the entire right side of my face turned green. It was actually quite hilarious and I was laughing as well.
Q: Favorite off line activity?
(I really like this question)
A: I obviously love doing crafts since that is what a lot of my blog is about but I think it would be photography. There is nothing like capturing a moment in time.
Q: Number of Siblings?
A: I am an only child. That is part of the reason that I wanted at least two children. I had a wonderful childhood but I think as you get older you long for a sibling.
Q: Celebrity crush?
A: Ha there are WAY too many…Channing Tatum is up there along with Mark/Danny Wahlberg, Gerard Butler, The lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold (seriously look him up people!!)
Q: What was the happiest moment of your life? The saddest?
The happiest would be when I had my children. It’s amazing the amount of joy and love that comes with babies.
The saddest was definitely the day I found out my dad has his stroke. It has changed my life completely and I miss him everyday (they had to move back to Ireland because of healthcare reasons.)
Q: How would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered as someone that made a difference in peoples lives. As a kind, loving, caring woman that raised two amazing children.
Q: Where did you grow up?
I was born in Ireland and moved to the Bronx, NY when I was 7. We then moved around a bit and I am now living in upstate NY with my husband, two kids and two dogs. (that sounds like the prologue to a book!)
I have been inspired by a lot of blogs since I began and I wanted to thank you all!
1. http://diaryofamadcrafter.wordpress.com (she also happens to be one of my best friends!)
2. http://twopointfourchildren.co.uk/ (my cousin and a real inspiration!)
3. http://mylovebumps.blogspot.com (one of my first blogger interactions and still my goto blog!)
4. http://www.theboyandme.co.uk (has helped me with more questions than she probably should have)
5. http://meetmeinparadise.wordpress.com/ (Great DIY’s and beautiful pictures)
6. http://theusualbliss.com/ (one of my new friends… check out her blog I love it!)
7. http://juliachristineglass.com/ (makes amazing stained glass)
8. http://loveandaleash.com/ (check out how cute her puppies are)
9. http://cloudsofcolour.com/ (Love love love her!)
10. http://www.littlemissmomma.com/ (I came across her on Pinterest and have been addicted ever since)
There you have it… please check out these blogs and give them more love.