So I was tagged by my good friend Katie tagged me in a Mommy Questionnaire. Some of the questions are pretty good so here goes!
1. Your kid is refusing to eat dinner. Do you stand your ground and demand they eat what you made or make something else?
Well this is a bit different lately. With my first L she gets what she gets and has to eat it (with the exception of veggies…we make shakes for her that has spinach, carrots, kale etc…) Since starting school she has actually been eating all of her dinner so there isn’t too much arguing.
My little one J has been a huge issue since he turned 2. He hardly eats anything now, which is completely different from how he used to be. I ask him what he eats for dinner and when he gets what he wants he normally does eat it.
2. Your kid has a melt-down at the store. Nothing is working to calm them. Do you leave & come back another time or do you grit your teeth and finish shopping?
I have yet to experience this, Thank goodness! But I will stand my ground if it does happen. If I am out and getting what I need I will finish shopping, but I must say…my kids are normally well behaved when we are out.
3. Your kid gets too many toys for their birthday. Do you make some returns or save them for a rainy day?
The birthday’s I normally give them all their presents, but for Christmas we will let them open them all and then put some away. L gets a lot of craft kits for Christmas so I tend to take most of those and pull them out when we have a craft day.
4. Your kid is protesting sleep. Do you give in at 3am, get them up & turn on a movie? Or continue to rock them, nurse, etc to try and get them back to sleep.
This is a particularly strange question for my family. My kids don’t seen to produce enough Melatonin therefore they can stay up until 1 or 2 without an issue. L was even up until 6am once during the summer (I was exhausted!!!). Since they have such trouble they get a Melatonin pill 15 minutes before bedtime. Once they climb into bed they are knocked out within minutes. For all those mom’s out there that may be judging, the doctor did tell us that we can use it AND it’s perfectly safe.
5. You have an appointment and no babysitter. Do you bring them with you or reschedule?
It depends on the appt. If it’s a dentist appt I reschedule. Everything else I would just bring them with me (and also the Kindle and the iPad!)
6. You have 20 mins until unexpected company arrives. Do you rush to clean up your messy house or just figure “hey it’s okay I’ve got kids!”?
I rush to clean up the house. I am a crafter, an avid crafter….so there is always something on my dining room table, on the couch, the floor lol so I do a quick clean.
7. You’re running late & only have time to do hair or makeup- which do you choose?
Always makeup! Always! My hair is normally up and out of my face anyway and I love putting make-up on 🙂
8. You’re at the park and another child pushes yours. Do you intervene and correct them or go find the child’s parent?
This is difficult for me, I feel strange reprimanding other people’s kids although I tell all our friends that they have the right to tell my kids that they are doing something wrong. I would probably find the parent and gently mention that something happened. I would however run over and check to make sure my kid was okay and then ask them to play somewhere else and with someone else.
Okay guys now it’s your turn to fill it out!